“The opposite of depression isn’t happiness; it’s vitality.”
Depression used to drain the life out of me.
Four years ago, on May 12, 2014, my life radically changed, but the seeds for that change were sown in January 2013. Here’s a partial journal entry from that day:
- Decimating mountains of fear
- Obliterating depression
- Pulverizing despair
- Dismantling lack
- Annihilating anxiety
- Building hope muscles
- Training my mind to think positive thoughts
- Rebuking the victim mentality
- Shaking off discouragement
- Stomping on old habits
- Parting ways with the pity party
- Stepping out into the future.
- Lack is not part of my vocabulary
- Stressed is not in my thesaurus
- Blessed is how I describe myself
I am rich: rich in favor, finances, in spiritual wisdom, in relationships, in all my endeavors.